For a moment, we might have forgotten about body powders- saying that dusting powders are so old school. But you’re wrong because there are such profound reasons why you should be using body powder.
I started using body powder over a month ago and it has become a favorite in my routine.
Particularly, Ora’s Herbal Blissful earth body powder. I use the body powder daily to stay dry and fresh. I love the Blissful Earth scent, which is very natural and clean-smelling.
See The Contents
What Is A Body Powder Used For?
Body powders are super versatile. It may be called body powder but it can be beneficial beyond your skin. You can sprinkle it pretty much anywhere you want to keep bad odors in check.
- Use a body powder to keep you fresh and cool.
- A body powder helps to absorb moisture due to sweat.
- It also reduces bad odors.
- Body powders help reduce friction that can lead to chafing or worse, depending on the target areas. Thus, bring it to the gym too.
- Dust your sheets with your favorite body powder for an amazing sleep.
- Use a powder to help keep your feet cool dry and comfortable.
I highly recommend dusting some in your sneakers, gym gear, your sheets while making your bed in the morning, or around in your car for a seductive smell. Versatile indeed!
You May Also Like: How to Have a Spa Day at Home
Ora’s Herbal Blissful Earth Blissful Powder Review
Ora’s body powder is a talc-free, grain-free, and synthetic-free, silky-soft powder that features a clean-smelling lavender-vetiver-sage scent that you’ll love dusting on after a luxurious bath.
No matter when you sprinkle on this fresh powder, you’ll be able to harness that summery warmth. The formula harnesses the power of organic herbs and chemical-free botanicals and indeed, the smell is a signature!
Price – $12.99
Ora’s Amazing Herbal offers such a clean solution to packaging. Not only are their products clean but also, their packaging is super eco-friendly because they use recyclable materials for all their products!
Also, the lid allows you to use a required amount of the powder, thus, no waste.
A Look Into The Ingredients
Besides keeping moisture at bay, this time-release formula is infused with such amazing ingredients to keep your skin nourished and soothed all day long.
As pure as they get — it’s free of parabens, phthalates, dyes, and, of course, talc.
Kaolin Clay Powder:
Kaolin clay has been used to absorb excess oil from the skin, preventing breakouts before they begin. It has skin-soothing properties perfect for calming irritated skin, and can also detox your underarms and stop odor-causing impurities thus a perfect natural deodorant!
Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Powder:
Lightweight arrowroot powder is absolutely free of any irritants. It also absorbs all the moisture and gives a soft and silky smooth feeling on the skin after application.
Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda):
Baking soda has an antibacterial property that kills the odor-causing bacteria, and also absorbs the excess moisture when you sweat and alkalize your body.
This helps in controlling body odor, and also brings down perspiration. Great for someone who sweats a lot and has body door issues!
Plantain Extract is that it contains Allantoin, which is a powerful skin-soothing agent that encourages cell growth.
It has germicidal and antibacterial properties and helps to reduce inflammation, pain, relieve itching, and prevent scarring by regenerating new skin cells quickly.
Extracted from a perennial grass called Vetiveria zizanioides, khus or vetiver has a citrusy, earthy, sweet, and refreshing fragrance, with a cooling effect on your skin.
It definitely plays a big role in the amazing scent of Ora’s Amazing Herbal Blissful Earth body powder!
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia):
Lavender is a natural relaxant that provides fragrant relaxation and soothing of the skin.
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea):
Clary sage is used in skincare thanks to its astringent and sweat-regulating properties. It has anti-bacterial, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Thus, ideal for use in deodorants and body powders. Its smell is also relaxing and inspiring.
The best part about Ora’s Herbal Blissful Earth Body Powder is that it is talc-free!
So, what is talc?
Talcum powder has been used for centuries and can be found in consumer products like dry shampoo, blush, and baby powder.
Talc is a mineral that is made up of silicon, oxygen, and magnesium. As a powder, talc absorbs moisture well and helps cut down on friction, thus, useful for keeping skin dry and preventing rashes.
However, in its natural state, talc can contain asbestos, asbestos, a substance known to cause cancers.
From studies, talc that has asbestos is generally accepted as being able to cause cancer if it is inhaled. The evidence about asbestos-free talc is less clear.
This article mentions that “talc has been linked to causing cancer when it comes to feminine hygiene. Though findings have been mixed, some studies report that women who use talcum powder in the genital area could be at a higher risk for ovarian cancer.
It is said that powder can travel through the vagina into the ovary, but none of the findings have been concrete.”
All in all, if you’re looking to avoid talc but still want to sprinkle on something to absorb extra moisture, Ora’s Herbal Blissful Earth Body Powder has you covered!
From the list of ingredients, it’s clear that Ora’s Amazing Herbal put thought into their formulations – ensuring every product is loaded with such great skin benefits. So, let’s use it already!
Where To Apply Body Powder
Body powders are one of the best-kept secrets of the well-groomed man and the cleanest baby. They keep you fresh, dry, and smelling good. But hey, as ladies too, we must jump into the bandwagon.
As a lady, you can use body powder in these specific areas of your body:
- Under your arms – your body powder is basically a deodorant in a powder form that you can apply under your arms to absorb moisture from sweat.
- Pubic area – if you suffer from vaginal odor especially when you feel sweaty down there, a natural powder would keep your under-area dry and fresh.
- Inner thigh area– most curvy and plus-size women have a problem with friction in their inner thighs which causes redness. Thus, be sure to wear your body powder in this area to reduce friction and still smell better!
- Butt area – using body powder around your butt area provides temporary relief from itching and soreness related to chaffing due to butt-busting activities such as horseback riding, and extreme sports.
- Under the bra line if you experience chafing in this area.
- Feet & Shoe Insides – say goodbye to sweaty feet by using body powder between your toes. You can also add a little powder to your shoes for clean-smelling shoes and feet every time you remove them.
- Inner elbows if you sweat in this area when it gets hot.
- On your neck, if you feel irritated by sweat, particularly if you sweat a lot in this area.
You May Also Like: DIY Coffee Body Scrub With Sugar & Coconut Oil For Glowing Skin
How I Use Ora’s Herbal body powder
This perfectly-luxurious body powder with aromatherapeutic properties thanks to its clean-smelling scent can be used in very many ways as listed above.
I normally use Ora’s Herbal body powder after a good shower under my armpits, and under area largely.
And when using my body powder, I also remember to:
- Apply my body powder liberally. Unless it starts pouring out of your shorts or shoes, there is no harm in using a generous amount.
- Put some on dry skin or dry areas since applying powder to damp or wet surfaces isn’t effective, nor is it a pretty sight.
If you love layering fragrances, a clean-smelling body powder like Ora’s Herbal body powder will take your scent to the next level.
With fresh-smelling feet & shoes, under-area and under-arms, you won’t get bored with the citrusy smell.
Wearing the same scent head-to-toe really boosts the staying power of your body fragrance – or – you can mix and match different scents to create something that’s completely unique to you!
Whether you’re using Ora’s Herbal body powder as an underarm deodorant or to freshen up on a hot summer day, the herbal mix of this formula has you covered: it’s made with kaolin clay powder, which has deodorizing properties and infused with antimicrobial lavender.
Thus, this added benefit of antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties helps with preventing and treating rashes in folds or any rashes due to excess moisture on the skin as well as fighting any body odor.
While someone shouldn’t put deodorant or antiperspirant on their chests, backs, shoes, or private areas, powders work equally well in any of these locations.
You will love Ora’s Herbal Blissful Earth Body Powder for countless reasons, just as much as I am!