Consumers can benefit from CBD in many beautiful ways. You can reap its numerous wellness benefits by applying it topically or consuming it internally. Bathing with CBD bombs is one way of enjoying the wholesome health value of CBD for your skin and nerves. So, these products are quickly penetrating the market.
Our discussion examines their effectiveness against that of traditional bath bombs. We will also share tips on choosing the right bath bomb for your needs. Keep scrolling to learn more.
See The Contents
What Are CBD Bath Bombs?
Let’s define CBD bath bombs before looking at their superior performance. A CBD bath bomb is similar to a traditional one in shape and overall goal—to provide a soothing and relaxing bathing experience. These bombs contain other ingredients, such as essential oils, baking soda, and citric acid, to start a fizzing reaction when you place them in water.
So, where is the difference? These bombs contain infused CBD, a key cannabis component that doesn’t make users “high.” Some CBD bombs contain fragrances and colorings. You can study the variety of CBD bath bomb boxes and pick the one that comes with your favorite essential oils and aromas.
Consequently, the CBD amount the skin contacts is usually less than indicated on a product’s label. This difference can range between 25 and 200 mg of CBD per bath bomb. But does that reduced exposure shortchange you? Definitely, it doesn’t. You can still enjoy the CBD benefits the manufacturer envisioned for your consumption because any CBD contacting your skin has a local dose-dependent impact.
So, how do you use CBD bath bombs? First, it’s important to understand that CBD bath bombs fizz in water to release essential oils, fragrances, and CBD. You only need to drop a bomb in your bathtub with warm water, step into the water, lather up, and enjoy a relaxing bathing experience. You need to spend a few minutes in the bath to enable the CBD to penetrate the skin and produce its relaxing, balancing impact.
Some experts recommend taking CBD orally before bathing with these bombs to boost the effects. You may also follow up your bathing with a qualitative CBD cream.
CBD Bath Bombs: How Better Are They?
Now, how do CBD bath bombs outperform their conventional counterparts? This section examines these performance differences. We can say that research into CBD’s topical effect is still ongoing. However, preliminary results show a promising future for these products. Below are some of these bombs’ research-based benefits.
- A 2016 study on rats discovered that CBD topical use helps manage pain and inflammation connected to arthritis.
- The American Academy of Dermatology reveals CBD has a promising future for acne, psoriasis, and eczema management.
- While relaxation is the goal of using any bath bomb, CBD bath bombs offer an extra relaxation boost. No wonder recent research reveals that CBD lowers anxiety, boosting and making relaxation easier.
- Other research suggests that CBD oil moisturizes and heals the skin, a leading reason savvy manufacturers include it in their bath bombs and salts.
- A 2014 study discovered that CBD oil can positively impact sebocytes, cells that create sebum, which causes pimples. Thus, bathing with these bombs significantly reduces pimples.
- A 2016 review shows that CBD has antibacterial and antifungal effects, which reduce skin infections.
- A systematic review discovered that inhaling CBD reduces someone’s fear response. This fear response reduction means that CBD has some relaxation abilities. Therefore, CBD bath bombs promote a relaxing bathing experience.
All these benefits can be yours to enjoy. But we would like to remind you that a bomb’s effectiveness, like all other CBD products, depends on its quality and dosage. Most users safely tolerate CBD products and don’t get “high” if the product doesn’t contain high THC levels, especially when using full-spectrum CBD products that include other cannabinoids. So, if you worry about possible intoxication, we recommend using bombs made from isolate or broads-spectrum CBD.
How to Choose Your Favorite CBD Bath Bomb
The CBD bath bomb market is large and offers many products. These solutions vary in ingredients and pricing. But how do you choose the best product to suit your needs? Here are tips to help you select the best bomb that meets your bathing needs.
- Third-party lab testing. Don’t trust a product unless it has been tried and trusted by undergoing third-party lab testing. The manufacturer should prove their product underwent independent testing in an ISO 17025-compliant lab. This testing confirms the bomb’s purity, efficacy, potency, and safety.
- Made from US-grown hemp. Your preferred product must be made with locally grown US hemp that follows strict farming practices.
- It must have a COA. The manufacturer must provide a certificate of analysis (COA). The COA should inform you about the following:
- The product contains less than 0.3% THC, according to Farm Bill requirements.
- The product’s CBD amount to ensure the actual content matches the label lists.
- The date the third-party lab tested the product. Some manufacturers provide COAs for every product batch, while others only give sample COAs.
- Whether the bath bomb passes contaminant testing to ensure it passes the heavy metal, pesticide, and mold test. Some companies may include solvent testing if they use a solvent-based extraction method to manufacture the bath bombs.
- Manufacturer’s processes and certifications. Check the manufacturer’s processes and certifications. Does the firm have any industry recognition or awards? These certifications prove the company follows established industry standards and good manufacturing practices.
- Bath bomb potency. Remember to check the product’s potency to ensure it meets your needs.
- Trust indicators. Lastly, remember to check the firm’s trust indications. Does the company have a reputation of trust from outsiders? Does it have positive user reviews showing that users trust its products? Check to ensure it hasn’t received an FDA warning letter that could cast doubt on its overall product safety and quality. Lastly, look for any unsupported claims the manufacturer makes.
Bath Bomb Legality and Safety
Let’s proceed by addressing CBD bath bomb safety. These CBD products are safe to use and highly tolerable by most users. Only a few individuals might have mild side effects like:
- Changes in appetite.
- Weight changes.
However, we recommend talking to your doctor before trying any new product on your skin. This precaution applies more if you have a history of skin allergies that could make you react to CBD. Additionally, ensure your skin doesn’t react to any other ingredient in the product.
Regarding legality, all CBD products are legal according to the 2018 Farm Bill. This bill removed all hemp products from the Controlled Substances Act. That removal means these products are legal if they contain less than 0.3% THC, cannabis’s intoxicating component.
So, we can say that such products are federally legal. But it would be best to do due diligence to be sure your local state and county laws have legalized it. This precaution is necessary when traveling. Also, remember that the FDA hasn’t approved any nonprescription CBD remedies.
There you are with everything you need to know about CBC bath bombs. We hope this information helps you make the best decision for your skin and bathing experience.
The author of this material is Tia Moskalenko, a fan of CBD bath bombs and a dedicated expert in CBD product quality. Tia works as a full-time blogger at AskGrowers, educating readers about safety tips, dosing, and product selection principles to ensure everyone gets unlimited access to the ultimate health value of CBD.