This article is sponsored by Vanity Planet. As an official ambassador, I received the Essia Ultrasonic Lifting & Exfoliating Wand and after using it on my face for a month, I share my honest review.
Exfoliating the skin is one of the most fundamental procedures for great skin. As well, moisturizing and toning your skin just for a firm, plump skin that looks healthy.
Let’s face it. We all desire to have glowy, healthy & glassy skin, right? Truth is that you cannot achieve that just like that. You need to put thought into your skincare routine, eating habits, and much more.
You May Also Like: 5 Signs your Need to Upgrade Your Skincare Routine
It can take some time to notice the effectiveness of your skincare routine, which is why we recommend using skincare devices to up your skincare routine.
While there are a ton of skincare devices in the market, it is important to use trusted products for your skin. And that’s why I fell in love with Vanity Planet.
And as an official ambassador of Vanity Planet, I received the Essia Ultrasonic Lifting & Exfoliating Wand and after using it for a month, I share my honest review.
See The Contents
A Little about the Essia Ultrasonic Lifting & Exfoliating Wand
The Essia exfoliating & lifting wand is a face spatula that features three modes—each specialized for a need, that is: Exfoliating, Moisturizing, and Lifting.
The ultrasonic vibrations from the Exfoliate setting work to dislodge blackheads and other impurities from pores, helping fight off rogue breakouts and inflammation.
The Essia ultrasonic wand uses a combination of high-frequency, ultrasonic oscillation technology and electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to penetrate the skin by 3-5mm. Thus, instantly lifting and firming the skin.
Essia’s most potent feature is the EMS micro-current generated by Lift mode that gently stimulates facial muscles, tightening skin, lifting facial contours, and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
There is a Moisturize mode, designed to make the most of skincare products.
Once changed to this setting, the same ultrasonic oscillation that helps clear away impurities combines with an anion flow to help skin attract and absorb the product.
Meaning moisturizers and serums are absorbed more deeply and are more effective overall.
Essia – Ultrasonic Lifting & Exfoliating Wand – $149.99
from: Vanity Planet
NOTE: Before using Essia…
- Before using the Essia wand, just wash your face clean to remove makeup or surface debris.
- You can then dampen your face with water if you’re all set for exfoliation or apply your favorite moisturizer or serum if you want to use the Moisturize or Lift mode.
- To turn the Essia on, press the power button; and to use a specific mode, just press the power button until you select the desired mode.
Now, let’s already use the Essia wand!
Incorporating the Essia Ultrasonic Exfoliating & Lifting Wand into your Skincare Routine
My Skin: Oily Skin with Large Pores & Very Reactive
I have oily skin with large pores around my T-Zone area. I also tend to suffer from hyperpigmentation and my skin’s texture is quite uneven, also thanks to a few bumps that pop up due to factors like pollution and dirt.
My skin is very reactive that it will literally develop a pimple within a few minutes of using the wrong product. This is helpful because it enables me to know whether or not to continue with a product.
My skin also tends to be acne-prone, specifically developing whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, papules as well as fungal acne. However, I’m glad that since I developed a skincare routine, my skin is hardly suffering from these types of acne.
I live in an urban area and pollution is a major environmental factor affecting my skin. Also, because of wearing masks, my cheeks tend to blackheads.
For oily skin that is reactive as mine, I was very happy to receive the Essia Exfoliating Wand to upgrade my skincare routine. I love this face spatula and I use it primarily for exfoliation. Since my pores get really clogged around my T-Zone and chin, exfoliation is a skincare step I do at least once a week.
I use an exfoliating face wash daily, particularly, the Codex Beauty’s Bia exfoliating face wash that not only cleanses my face but also scraps off any textured skin plus dead skin cells so my skin is left smoother.
I then use this face spatula once a week during my weekly facial routine. And in this article, I share my steps and review to help your purchase.
Using the Essia Exfoliating Wand/ Face Spatula
When I was getting started, I would normally dampen my face with water then use the Essia exfoliating mode to just scrub off dead skin from my face.
This is actually recommended. But I also got to try applying my exfoliating gel on my face before using the Essia wand. And it worked! As long as your gel is gentle enough! You can also use the gel from a sheet mask.
Well, the Essia wand works really well at exfoliating and removing dead skin. It is amazing when it comes to exfoliating your nose. The good thing is that it also holds a charge for a long time and is easy to use.
NOTE: Each charge lasts about 120 minutes after which you can recharge your wand. This takes about 12 hours.
- Clean my skin then wet it. I apply a generous amount of the Turmeric gel mask from KOVO Essentials and before it dries out, I gently angle the wand’s head upwards against your skin.
- Gently press the back of the wand while moving it upwards and you’ll notice the ultrasonic waves and wand head loosening the blackheads and whiteheads while clearing dirt from your face.
- Remember to go slowly if you’re using this face spatula to extract and exfoliate. The slower you go, the deeper and more effective the exfoliating wand effect will be.
- Rinse off your skin, and proceed with your skincare routine. I spritz a toner on my face then wear a serum.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer or serum on your skin. Activate the Moisturize Mode then angle the wand downwards against your skin.
- Gently move the wand upwards to ensure the microcurrent penetrates your skin better for stimulation of your cells and enhancing the absorption of your skincare product.
- You can slightly press the moisturizer into your skin once you’re done.
To Firm Your Skin…
- Grip the wand facing downwards after activating the Lift Mode.
- Gently move the device upwards against your skin allowing the wand head to beat your skin to allow the microcurrent to penetrate your skin better for the stimulating of your muscles, getting rid of lines and clogged pores too.
- Once you’re done using the Essia, you can comfortably proceed with your daily skincare routine.
You May Also Like: The Daily Skincare Routine to Follow for Every Skin Type
Drawbacks of the Essia Exfoliating Wand
Scraping out your pores with a vibrating spatula looks satisfying, but you need to be careful. Going too hard with this face spatula can cause serious damage to the skin.
- To use it right, the face spatula should never be used to gouge at the skin but rather sweep over the surface of the skin, allowing it to gentle glide and let the ultrasonic waves do the work not the spatula.
- Also, the exfoliating wand should always be used on wet or lubricated skin, again allowing the ultrasonic waves to do the work while the tool glides over the skin.
It is advisable to use the Essia wand once or twice a week depending on the sensitivity of your skin. As well, be sure to use each mode for two or more minutes, but not exceeding 6 minutes.
Verdict: Gently Exfoliates the Skin
Having great skin, free from blackheads, fine lines and clogged pores is on everyone’s checklist. If you’re thinking of using a face spatula, also known as an ultrasonic skin scrubber or exfoliating face wand to clarify your skin, try the Essia wand from Vanity planet.
From my experience, I can confirm that in removing dirt and debris from my face, the ultrasonic skin spatula is able to gently exfoliate the skin, as well as collect what’s being sloughed off. It’s another way to exfoliate your skin, basically.
Some benefits of this include:
- Reducing the appearance of pores (you can literally see this),
- Deep cleansing your pores,
- Improving your skin texture,
- Gentle exfoliation,
- By removing all the skin build-up, skincare products that follow are better able to penetrate the skin, helps to improve texture and tone, often leading to smoother, brighter skin overall.
Thus, using the Essia exfoliating wand has been a fundamental step in my skincare routine.
You can tailor your skincare routine based on your skin’s needs. In my case, I use the Essia wand alongside my Aera facial steamer to just level up my skincare game.
In this case, I clean my face, steam it before exfoliating with my Essia exfoliating wand. Steaming the face before exfoliating using this face spatula loosens gunk from my pores so the skin is softer and all dirt and build-up are easily scraped off.
You May Also Like: Do your Steam your Face? Try Vanity Planet’s Iconic Aera Facial Steamer
If you desire to upgrade your skincare routine, go ahead and grab your Essia Exfoliating & Lifting wand as well as the Aera Iconic Facial Steamer too!
Essia – Ultrasonic Lifting & Exfoliating Wand – $149.99
from: Vanity Planet
Aera – Facial Steamer (Limited Edition) – $49.99
from: Vanity Planet
Say goodbye to blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pored, and fine lines while welcoming a healthier glow on your face with the Essia Ultrasonic Exfoliating & Lifting Wand!
More From Vanity Planet…